Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Review of SLIK PRO 340 EZ Tripod Kit, with SH-707E Multi-Action Pan Head

Adorama

SLIK PRO 340 EZ Tripod Kit, with SH-707E Multi-Action Pan Head

One "slick" SLIK
madeditor Sarasota, FL 7/8/2009
4 5
Pros: Unfolds Quickly, Good Stability, Lightweight, Folds Small
Best Uses: Long Exposures, Photography, Portraits, Reducing Noise (ISO Reduction), Stabilization
I had to replace my 20-year-old SLIK because one of the leg clamps broke (caused by my inattention to what I was doing at the time). I loved my old SLIK and was sure nothing could match it. This one nearly does. It is so lightweight - so much easier to transport with my gear. The three-way pan head works well but I am attached to the pistol-grip single action panhead from my old tripod, so I switched it out. Now it's almost perfect - I would have liked retractable spikes for more stability on dirt surfaces - but this will do well nevertheless.

No comments: