Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Third Annual Worldwide Photo Walk at Myakka River State Park

I, along with more than 33,000 photographers, participated in Scott Kelby's Annual Worldwide Photo Walk this weekend. Our walk (one of two in Sarasota) was at Myakka River State Park. Anyone who knows me is aware that this is one of my favorite haunts. But spending several hours trudging through the jumgles and flats of this beautiful park with a group of photo enthusiasts was something I'd never done before. It was exciting to be part of something so far reaching.

There were a total of 1,111 photo walks scheduled to take place around the globe. One of the women in my group is married to someone who was leading a group in Đà Nẵng, Vietnam!

We had a great time, sharing stories, marveling at nature, and capturing it as best we could. We had all manner of cameras and equipment and we were all at different skill levels. To be able to share our common love of photography was so special. After hours of exploring the park we all gathered at the concession area to have some lunch, a cold drink, or some ice cream.

I'm looking forward to seeing the work of my fellow Sarasota photographers from that outing. Here are two of mine.


The sky relected in the waters of the Myakka River


No comments: